WELCOME TO DEPARTMENT OF PROSTHODONTICS AND CROWN & BRIDGE
Prosthodontics is the dental specialty pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/ or oral and maxillofacial tissues using biocompatible substitutes. It includes the specialty of implant, aesthetic and reconstructive dentistry. Restoration of oral function is done through prostheses and restorations (i.e., complete dentures, crowns & bridges, maxillofacial prosthesis, implant retained/supported restorations).
- The Prosthodontics department consists of a pre-clinical laboratory with all modern facilities like phantom lab to train undergraduate students.
- The department is designed spaciously with adequate clinical working area for both under-graduates and post-graduates.
- The Prosthodontic clinic is equipped with modern dental chairs, separate clinical area for undergraduates and postgraduates.
- State of art chrome cobalt and ceramic lab with the latest equipment is available for laboratory/ technical work.
- Department has separate implant clinic and successfully completed various complete and partial rehabilitations with Nobel Biocare implants.
- A sterilization room, with flash autoclave and sterilizers, is used for infection control protocol.
- Internet facility, a separate post graduate room and staff room are attached to the main clinic.
- The department library has more than 80 books concerned with the specialty. Department is equipped with state of art technology and materials to train postgraduate students.
- Department curriculum and treatment goals are designed to render quality service to the society.
- Special care is provided to help economical backward and rural population.
- Department teaching and non-teaching faculty work with common goal of enhancing quality of life of people suffering from various oral disorders.
- Since the beginning of post-graduation, we have successfully conducted 1 National level PG Convention, 4 CDE programs.
The department is actively involved in conducting periodic free denture camps for poor patients from rural areas. All the clinical procedures are done in a single day instead of usual 5 to 6 appointments.