Welcome to the Department of Pediatric Dentistry
Department of Pediatric Dentistry is headed by Dr. Ruchi Arora, MDS, Professor & Head of the Department, Darshan Dental College & Hospital.
This branch provides you the knowledge & the skill regarding the etiology, diagnosis, prevention and the treatment of diseases that effect children below 18 years of age.
We are dedicated to "approach all dental problems of children with affection and tender care as they are the most wholesome part of the human race, being freshest from the hands of god".
The Department of Paediatric Dentistry:
Teaches students and residents the skills necessary for improving and maintaining the oral health of infants, children, adolescents and persons with special needs
Trains parents and children effectively in preventive measures which ensure an excellent oral health of the children for lifetime.
Promotes oral health within the community and develops policies and guidelines relating to the promotion and maintenance of good oral health in children.
The Department is well equipped with X-ray Unit with RVG and laboratory. Department is also equipped with latest audio visual aids for UG and PG curriculum activities and separate children's recreation and entertainment section. School dental camps are conducted routinely and screening and necessary treatment is provided along with oral hygiene education. Free treatment is provided for patients recommended to the Department from School Health Program.
- The working of the department is purely based on ethics.
- The department is extended over a vast area and is clean & spacious with a large patient reception area with audio visual entertainment for children.
- The care for the child patients commences at the reception with a warm and affectionate welcome.
- The friendly and playful atmosphere of the department is enhanced with the aquarium at the reception area. The counselling room helps the child to decrease his/ her anxiety and to involve the child with dental situations.
- The department is provided with the high quality equipments including Rotary, RVG and Inhalation sedation equipment.
- The department has all necessary medical equipments to prevent the patients from unpredictable medical emergencies during the treatment.
- The working area for the patients is huge and is provided with adequate ventilation and a pleasant atmosphere with separate special room.
- The Department has a separate well ventilated Inhalation sedation (Nitrous Oxide) room for special and unusual surgical procedures and seminar room for the discussion, presentation of recent researches, special cases by the postgraduates and faculty members.
- There is separate working area for the undergraduates and the post graduates.
- Post graduate students are provided with independent cubicles with dental chairs and the associated necessary equipments.