DR. SAMEER AHMED
Periodontist and Implantologist
Address for Correspondence: A/27 ABUL FAZAL APPARTMENTS, 22- VASUNDHRA ENCLAVE, NEW DELHI 1100096
Obtain a respective position as a full time Dentist and obtain a challenging position in a medical setting that will allow me to gain experience working with a diverse and challenging population of patients.
Master of dental surgery Department of Periodontics and Implantology -Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Chennai.
Bachelor of dental surgery Bapuji Dental College and Hospital , Davangere Karnataka
Specialization in Mucogingival surgeries, Implantology, laser surgeries, regenerative therapies and conventional periodontal surgeries with sound knowledge and experience on academic front.
ACADEMIC/ WORK EXPERIENCE:
1.Worked on the position of Senior Lecturer in Vyas Dental College and Hospital, Jodhpur for a tenure of 1 year & 8 months.
2.Selected to work on the position of Senior Resident (Department of dentistry) in Dr. S.N. Medical College and Hospital Jodhpur a government hospital under Rajasthan Government for a period of 3 years.
3. Currently working on the position of Reader in Department Of Periodondology in Darshan Dental College And Hospital Udaipur Rajasthan till date.
Original research: Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in Gingival Tissues of Smokers and non Smokers with and without chronic Periodontitis.
Published Articles :
1) Guidant India- Gingival erosive lichen planus – A case report and review of literature - Issue april 2011
2) Guident India- Erythema multiforme- A case report and review of literature Issue may2011
3) Guident india- Amlexanox in treatment of apthous stomatitis- A case report and review of literature- Issue 7 vol 7 2011
4) Indian dentist research and review- Eagle syndrome- A case report and review of literature july 2011
5) Indian journal of dentistry- Pemphigus vulgaris- A case report and review of literature- vol-2 issue 3 2011
6) Journal of orofacial sciences- Oral submucous fibrosis- Turning into malignancy- case report and review of literature
7) Indian dentist research and review- Desquamative gingivitis- Lichen planus a
case report and review of literature Feb 2011
8) Guident India- Gingival depigmentation- A case report and review of literature
Issue jan 2011
9) Journal of Indian society of periodontology (indexed journal)- Practise among patients attending OPD at vyas dental college and hospital jodhpur- Issue 2012
10) Clinical dentistry- Lasers review in Periodontics- Issue 2012
11) Guident India- Biomedical waste – A significant issue, review of literature issue
12) Journal of Periodontology-(Indexed journal)- Efficacy of preprocedural mouth rinse in reducing aerosol contamination produced by ultrasonic scaler- A Pilot Study Issue 2014
13) Saudi endodontic journal- The reduction efficacy of dentinal hypersensitivity of two commercially available desensitizing toothpastes: Vantej & colgate Pro-Argin issue 2014
14) Indian Dentist Research and Review- Herpetic Gingivostomatitis in an adult patient: Common yet uncommon: issue 2014
15) Journal of clinical and Diagnostic Research (Indexed Journal)- Evaluation of friction in orthodontics using various brackets and arch wire combinations : A vitro study :issue 2014
Accepted for Publication:
1. An E-book on Antibiotics in Periodontics containing details chapters on Guidelines and Clinical Perspectives on antibiotic usage by Lambert Publications.
2. Review article on Chlorhexidine- An adjunct to Periodontal therapeutics-JPAHER-2015
3. Review article on Periodontal Packs: A questionable Dressing-JPAHER-2015
• Presented a poster titled Desquamative Gingivitis at 13th National ISP conference on 17th and 18th nov 2008 at Chandigarh.
• Presented a poster titled “Diode LASER in Soft Tissue Surgeries- Case Series” at 34th National ISP conference on 4th and 5th December 2009 at Dharwad.
• Presented a scientific paper titled gingival recession- significance and its management- Case series on 12, 13,14th feb 2010 at Chennai.
• Presented scientific paper titled Desquamative Gingivitis-case series at 9th National ISP PG Convention on, 18th to 20th June 2010 at Tirupathi.
• Presented scientific poster titled Fat canopy-case report at 35th National ISP confrence on , 27th to 30th oct 2010 at Bangalore and awarded first prize in case report category
• Attended continuing medical education programme in microbiology on 18th July 2008 at Saveetha Dental College.
• Attended Givadent held 23rd and 24th august 2008 at Raja Muthiah Dental college and hospital Annamalai University.
• Attended 13TH National ISP conference on 17th and 18th nov 2008 at Chandigarh
• Attended International Academy of Periodontology Conference on 17th to 19th April 2009 at Agra.
• Attended ISP 8th post graduate workshop on 16th and 17th April at Agra
• Attended 34th National ISP conference on 4th and 5th Dec 2009 at Dharwad.
• Attended 63rd Indian dental association conference on Feb 12,13,14 Feb 2010 held at Chennai
• Attended 9th National ISP PG Convention on , 18th to 20th June 2010 at Tirupathi.
• Attended International Academy of Periodontology Conference on 27th to 28th Aug 2010 at Sri Ramachandra Dental College and hospital, Chennai.
• Attended 35th National ISP conference on , 27th to 30th October 2010 at Bangalore
MERITS AND AWARDS:
1) Awarded first prize in poster titled fat canopy case report category in national ISP conference held at Bangalore 2010
2) Attended and arranged numerous CDE’s and professional meetings programs at national and state level during the entire academic tenure
MEMBERSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS:________________________________________
• Member of Indian Dental association
• Member of Indian Society of Periodontics
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well presented and articulate
• Attention to detail
• Able to concentrate for long periods
• Eager to learn the new techniques.
• Enjoy working individually as well as in a team.
• Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of dentistry.
• Well versed with Microsoft word, Excel ,PowerPoint,SPSS and other statical software
• Keeping update with latest development in dentistry
• Date of birth : 31/12/1982
• Marital Status: Married
• Command on languages: English, Hindi, Urdu
• Permanent Address: A/27 Abul Fazal Appartment 22-Vasundhra Enclave N. Delhi 96
• Email address. Sameer82ahmed@gmail.com
• Contact details: 9928634117 / 9660778855
A confident communicator who can relate well to dental patients having a proven ability to ensure that dental practices in a surgical area are continuously updated to provide first rate care to patients and a confident healthcare professional with a long track record of successfully diagnosing and treating patients dental condition.
Able to work as a part of dental team and has a flexible approach to work henceforth looking forward for an opportunity to work with a forward thinking and highly regarded dental organizations.
DR .SAMEER AHMED